Monday, June 29, 2009

May 16th

80's Surprise Party - Kara is now 26!

Aaron can be proud of himself.  For the first time ever in our relationship, he managed to do something to surprise me (believe me, he’s tried before….).  To celebrate turning the big 2-6, he arranged a surprise birthday party for me with some of my close girl-friends here.  I was absolutely shocked when I walked into the room (lucky I didn’t have a heart attack!).  They were all decked in 80’s garb and had a whole selection (from the high school prop room) for me to choose from so I could join in the fun.  They did my make-up in 80’s fashion, we sang 80’s karaoke, played 80’s trivia, and watched some old episodes of the “Cosby” show someone had on DVD.  It’s hard to be creative here where resources are so limited and you have to make your own fun, but they did great.  J  Aaron even emailed my mom for her famous (in my opinion) peach pie recipe and made two for us for dessert -- what a husband!  Thanks, Aaron…


2 comments:

Kali said...

Awesome choice for a birthday theme - well done! Looks like a lot of fun!

Ashley Buhr said...

Okay, so I am REALLY bad at checking these blogs! Sorry! But what a great party! I am WAY impressed, Aaron, good job! I will be expecting some of thoses pie for Christmas! :) Love you guys and CAN NOT wait to see you in a few months!!