Monday, June 29, 2009

June 1st - 5th

Madang - Women's Retreat

“Come Before Winter” is a retreat put on in different countries around the world each year by a group of women from Texas.  It is their way of ministering to missionary women and pastor’s wives serving overseas.  They raise money so that it is offered at no expense to the participants themselves.  This year, it happened to be in PNG and I was one of the 40 women chosen to participate – what a blessing!  We spent 5 days in Madang where we did intensive study of Psalm 103, had times of worship, prayer groups, and intentional time to reflect and re-connect with God.  I feel so blessed to have been able to have some time to get away from all of my other responsibilities and dig deep in the Word, listening to what God might have to say to me.  (This was during the weeks when I was awaiting a miscarriage – see ‘Baby News!’ for more info.)  On our last night there, (since they were all from TX) they threw a ‘shin-dig’ of sorts with a steak dinner and line dancing – it was good to laugh and have fun with friends.  (I even won this lovely rubber chicken in a dance contest, if you can believe that!)

No comments: