The Usarufa translators have once again come to Ukarumpa to continue their work on Old Testament portions. Pray that we can get a lot accomplished in their week and a half here.
One thing that I forget is that one of our translators for the Usarufa is a former warlord (leading raids, killing people, that sort of thing…) and it is not safe for him to travel through Kainantu (the nearest town). So, today, I spent the better part of the morning waiting for his PMV (like a taxi) to come to a junction outside of town. What is so special about this trip to go and get him, was that today was my first time driving a manual outside of Ukarumpa – and PRAISE THE LORD! I did not even kill the car once today (and somebody kindly put the planks back on the bridge so that we could cross the river to get there)!!
No comments:
Post a Comment